Monday, December 31, 2012

Monday Manis, Mantras, and Mundane Resolutions

I didn't get to do a Monday post last week, so I'm taking the opportunity now. Since New Year's Eve is tonight, there are many different fabulous manicures you can give yourself before the big party. So many choices. You could go for something subtle, something glitter-ific, or whatever fits your style for the evening. After all, each party is different, and each calls for its own version of a 2013 worthy mani.
Here are a few of my favorites that I found this week (and regrettably, most of them are from Tumblr; I'm the newest addict to the Tumblr community):

Jewels galore on this complicated yet dazzling mani. Can you spot the little 2013 on each hand?
(image credit: @hellowhiskey on Tumblr)

A little more subtle but just as glam :) Love this!
(image credit: @karengnails on Tumblr)

Gorgeous, intricate, and not to mention time consuming! So worth it though.

This glitter gradient mani speaks for itself. Simple and gorgeous!

Everyone has there own version of New Years Resolutions; some don't even make them. Mine however are pretty boring, but I'd thought I'd include them anyway. Mainly, they focus on making sure 2013 is a much better year than 2012 (this past year has been one of the worst in a long time).

  1. Keep creating frequent (and hopefully unique) blog posts throughout the year
  2. Take time to appreciate the little things
  3. Try to look nice everyday, because even though I may not think that I am a part of this, everyone deserves to look and feel their best
  4. To keep in mind of the wise quotes and other mantras I come across, and to refer back to them in a time of stress and misery
  5. To try and remind myself every morning of who I am and the fact that "Everyone is beautiful in their own way." does in fact apply to me as well
  6. To just be myself, and trust that I can accomplish things, that way I'll be more likely to be successful
So those were my resolutions. They are nothing that drastic or world changing, but they're my personal way of improving my year. I hope everyone at least has some sort of goal or project they are looking forward to in 2013. Remember, you do deserve everything you accomplish out of hard work. Never sell yourself short.

And finally, here's the weekly mantra:
 

Have a happy New Year!!! May 2013 bring you the best!









No comments:

Post a Comment