Friday, August 16, 2013

Beauty Bit: Beaded Nail Art


The beaded/caviar manicure has been around for awhile, but there have been different version of it, and different embellishments brought to light to achieve this look. I'll admit, the idea is pretty neat, and the results are advertised as gorgeous, but how long will something like this last?
I've considered trying this style of nail art with very tiny beads, but each time I've thought about doing my nails this way, I chicken out and worry about whether or not my mani would last as long as I wanted it to.


Here's a gorgeous, pearly example of the style at its best. I just wonder how the manicurist/nail artist got all those pretty pearls to stick. Surely a simple top coat wouldn't cover it, would it?


Another great example in a girly shade. I just feel that those little beads would fall off after a days worth of wear and tear. Something like that would leave a random array of not so attractive holes and bumps in your polish. It's a pretty effect, but is it worth it? 

What do you think of this style of nail art? Do you feel the same way I do about it? I'm almost tempted to try it and give it a trial run. I'm still at odds with it though. If you have any tips are ideas for getting this style to stick, let me know in the comments.
'Til next time,




No comments:

Post a Comment