Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Beauty Bulletin: Cool New Collabs and Collections

If you couldn't guess already, this post is going to be a mix of beauty news that refers to some new collections. Recently, I've heard of three upcoming releases from OPI, Essie, and CoverGirl. When I saw what these companies are coming up with, it got me excited for the winter season.

The first thing I discovered was a recently curculated picture of a sneak peek of a new Essie collection. Essie released this photo of their Winter 2013 polish collection and are calling it the "Shearling Darling" collection. Personally, I think the shades are gorgeous and are a perfect staple for this coming winter's manis. I especially love the wine shade and the rich tones, along with the more gray seeming pastels. Essie has not mentioned the names for these shades, but I'm sure that whatever they come up with will be adorable as always. 
 The "Shearling Darling" Winter 2013 Collection
The next thing that I have discovered is that in January of 2014, OPI will be releasing a Carrie Underwood collaborated collection. The Nicole by OPI Carrie Underwood collection will feature 14 shades that include pastels, darks and glitter. Carrie is now a Nicole by OPI songstress ambassador, just as Selena Gomez is. There havent been any released photos of this collection yet, but some of the names of the shades will include "Southern Charm", "American As Apple Pie", and a specifically created textured gold called "Carrie'd Away". This special gold will be the first Nicole by OPI celebrity signature shade. And as an added bonus, this new collection will also introduce a new Nicole by OPI logo. Pretty exciting right?
Carrie Underwood (image via beautygeeks.com)
And last but certainly not least, CoverGirl has collaborated with the upcoming film The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. Their new Flamed Out Line was inspired by the movie and used to create some district specific makeup looks that the brand has been releasing moderately. So far, I only know of two, but they are both pretty amazing.

The first look that I discovered was a very glamorous look for District 1 called "Luxury". And I feel that this represents the district perfectly.

The second look is named after District 4 and is called "Fishing". I love the colors used in this one and it is simply mistifying in my opinon.


So that is it for my quick little mash up of random beauty news. I hope you enjoyed and are just as excited for the new polish collections as I am!
'Til next time,



No comments:

Post a Comment