Monday, October 29, 2012

Monday Manis, Mantras and Magic

There's just two days until Halloween, and this Monday post is going to be themed in honor of this scaretastic holiday. I've also added a lot more to this post because of the occasion. I've kind of been obsessed with anything and everything Halloween lately, and it definitively shows. Fall is my favorite season and it's only a coincidence that I was born in the middle of it. I've been searching for scenic pictures of the beautiful fall changes to nature since there's not much to see where I live, sadly enough. 

Here are some of my favorite examples of the season that I've been drooling over:


Now that I've shared those (the book is my favorite), I can completely bombard you with tons of different manis that scream for Halloween. (Wasn't expecting that to rhyme the way it did)
Great candy corn mani, it kind of makes me want to go out and buy a bag. :)
The high shine in the design gives it a bit of a glare, but the bat detailing and the crescents of gold glitter add an unexpected glamification, if you will. 
Fangtastic! (yes, I'm being very corny. I guess I'm in just one of those moods.)
The detailing on this one is amazing! I don't have the time or patience for it, but Kudos to the one who does!
This is probably one of the only circumstances where headstones and mortuaries would be cute.
A more classic take on the spooky elements. Love the spider!
Another glittery, less spooky mani that is just as tasteful as the others. Although, the glitter polish will be a nightmare all its own when it's time to repaint your nails.

I always look for things that inspire me; and nothing is more inspiring than the written word. This time, I found two little mantras to share that are kind of in the magical area of inspiration.

I find that Halloween in itself is pure magic. You can be whom ever you want to be without being judged. You can channel your inner crazy while dressing up and just having fun. There's so much behind the holiday and its roots are another form of amazement. If you don't know how All Hallows Eve was started, you should look it up. It'll be a great read and certainly get you in the mood for some creative times of celebration in its honor. 
I hope you have some great plans for this Halloween and I hope you enjoyed this post. Time has been flying lately (at least for me), and I can barely keep up. It seems like there's one big even coming up after another. (Worry factor; Don't even get my started about Christmas)
Enjoy what's left of your day and I'll be posting again soon.







No comments:

Post a Comment